The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Channel U Project Superstar Update!

The contest is getting hot hot hot! Even me, the hated armchair critic, have to admit that the last 4 contestants are really good! The two male contestants going into the male finals is Junyang (I have to brag that I know him through my nus singing club 'voices'! =P) and Weilian. (I heard him once ouside CCK mrt station, nice voice but not as good as JY in my opinion) The two female contestants into the finals are Sin Huey and Kelly!!! (I like her a lot!)

In my opinion... do not flame me! I think Weilian sang the best out of the guys but he is quite limited in the kind of songs he excel in (zero zero fast tempo dancing songs). JY has a better technique but always lack a bit of 'spark' with the audience (listening pleasure but no viewing pleasure). I am biased towards
Derrick anyway...he lacks technique and definitely did not sing as well as the other two guys but he compensated that by connecting to the audience the best!(or maybe only me!... and my dad!)... Derrick is
1) cute
2) looks the best
3) yandao kia

so I was pretty heartbroken when he was kicked out~. Anyway I like his hairstyle and his cute little smile a lot! Think I will go cut for myself a similar hairstyle next time!

For the female semis, it was a no contest. Sin Huey was in a class of her own... the singing was superb. Kelly was still pretty good and pretty P.R.E.T.T.Y.!... oh man I like her hair! But her form has dropped quite a bit since her superb performance of the song "Gu Dan Ba Lei" (Lonely Ballet) three weeks back. Here is a clip from the official website of her singing "Pu Tong Peng You" (Ordinary Friends) ...Please Kelly... work harder! Silver was a sure going-out case and she sang with a losing mentality and lost her 'spark' (to zap the audience with her eyes+dimples combi).

Finally let's have a recap of one of Derrick's best performance in the compeition with his rendition of "Piano"! Visit the official Project Superstar website!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Chloe said...

    I agree! I tink Derrick has his own style and have the makings of a star. Although he has to work on his pronunciation a little.=P

    Ruimin

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hihi! i think he will make a cute bf leh... only that I am a male =P ... just need to polish his singing more... anyway he is still young! got time to develop into a better singer!

     
  • At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well Derrick did a wonderful version of 'the moon represents my heart' couple of weeks back~I love that. As for JY, I think he is the best among all the contestants, males and females...as for Kelly...no comments....but I definitely prefer Sin Hui...tho I think this thing is a scam and probably Kelly will win hahaha

     
  • At 12:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hmm I don't know why... but I kind of feel Kelly has the ability to sell albums which is impt for a superstar... JY is without a doubt technically the best =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home