The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Channel U Superstars Men's and Women's Finals Update!

omg omg omg! The compeitition is really hot over this week! After this week, only one male and one female contestant will go on to the grand finals in the Indoor Stadium on the 1st of September. This week the two male contestants left are Junyang and Weilian (my fav yandao kia Derrick is out.. sad~). The two female contestants left are Kelly and Xinhui (both very good singers).

For the male finals, both Junyang and Weilian were quite lost form on Wedesday (I actually realised they are actually recording the show on Tuesday!). Junyang sang off-key for his first song "I love you" (by David Tao)... but I thought he still performed ok. He sang ok for the second song (Blue's "If you come back") also... with his own style… but it was pretty boring. I think because of his sore throat, JY couldn't put in his good technique in creating layers to the song. I thought Weilian sang pretty bad for his first song "Gu Dan Bei Ban Qiu"... why was he so breathless?... honestly I thought it was horrible... he was too nervous. For Welian's second song "Heaven knows" (by Rick Price)... he didn't sing too well also... his pronunciation was way too cheena (of course most of us are like that when we sing english songs =P). I just didn't feel the sadness and lost that the song should bring.


*hot fav Junyang!*

So round 1 and 2 in my opinion went to JY. For the third song song, they both sang the same song "Tong Hua" (by Guang Liang). JY sang well but he could have brought the song to a climax if he could add some high notes towards the end. Instead, he took the safe route and sang at the normal key... the performance was good but not spectacular. WL did not sing well for his 3rd song also... it was a bad night for him because he sang so well last week. Personally I thought both singers let us down a bit for this finals but I would still give my marks to JY for being the better singer for all 3 songs. (My whole family was all rooting for JY for the finals!)

For the female finals, Kelly sang "Hui Jia" (Shunza) for her first song. She couldn't quite handle her high notes well but overall it was good because I like her stage presence. For her second song ("What's up" by 4 Non Blondes), it was actually quite bad initially with her being off-tempo and having pronunciation problems, but her chorus saved her a bit. Her hand swinging was quite awkward also in my opinion. Xinhui did very well for both her songs "Ku Bu Chu Lai" (A-mei) and "Beautiful" (Christina Aguilera)… I think technically she did perfect on today and deservedly won the 1st and 2nd round (pts given by judges).

*Xinhui... perfect technique today*

For the 3rd song, they both sang "Yi Shi De Mei Hao" (Zhang Shao Han). I though Kelly has a voice more suited to the innocent style of the song but she still had some problems with her tempo initially… as usual saved a bit by her 2nd half (why can’t she sing well for the whole song??) Technically, Xinhui sang very well for the 3rd song… perfect~

*Kelly so pretty!!!*

When the results came out… I was pleasantly surprised Kelly won! I guess her overall image appeals to the audience more (I like her more and more over these weeks). I think she looks very cute when she sing/talk into the camera… her eyes seem to shine a bit more haha! I was sad for Xinhui and I would have been happy for her if she won. And shockingly, WL upset JY and won the men's finals. I didn't like this outcome but I was still in bliss over Kelly's shock win! =P Anyway, to show my support for Kelly, I shall use my meager 2 hours+ pay to buy her singles! (going to be my first paid album in 7 yrs!!! …omg I will be killed for this!)
I really hope Kelly will win this now the path is cleared for her to the Grand Finals! Kelly jia you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home