The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Music Review: Kelly Poon - Yi Shi De Mei Hao

As promised, music reviewer broken_egg bought the Kelly Poon "Yi Shi De Mei Hao" single as a show of support for the Channel U Superstar Grand Finalist. Earlier, I have gone to my second K-Lunch in 3 weeks at Lot One Shopping Mall. I quite like the price of the K-Lunch package with the lunch set costing from $5-8 with a drink included. The lunch was overall good (I had black pepper chicken with rice this week and chicken fried rice the last time) and you get to sing for 2.5 hrs. The downside of this is you have to wake up real early for a Sunday morning =(


*Yeah! Kelly Poon cd!*

Back to the topic… I bought the cd single for $7.90 over at Sembawang music store and was rather excited! I went back home and carefully unwrapped the cd wrapper and examined the offerings inside the jewel case… nope no tickets… but there is a voucher that enables you to get the tickets if you buy some expensive prepaid M-Cards or sign up a student plan with M1… and it is only limited to the first 75 people in WestMall M1Shop!! There is one more piece of flyer from VodaVoda (which you can safely throw away because it is totally useless)

Finally I popped in the cd into my PC… good news for those Ipod users… the cd is not copy-protected, which means you can rip the songs into mp3s and enjoy them on your portables!


*virgin play! =P*


There are only 2 songs in the cd single. The first is "Yi Shi De Mei Hao" by Kelly herself. The song was pretty good but not impressive… still this her first cd so better things will come. However when I compared the same song side by side with Angela Chang's version, I still feel Angela sang better. The second song was a group effort by the stars of Channel U superstars. I feel that the second song was produced very badly… it sounded like a school song! (you will not listen to the second song again after you heard it once)

So overall I paid $7.90 for one good (not excellent) song. Well… anyway I still support Kelly! Hope she wins in the grand finals!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home