The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Singapore Fireworks Festival 2005

With the huge interest in the Singapore Fireworks Festival 2005. Reporter broken_egg went personally to report on the event on the Sunday of 14th Aug. The fireworks displays were held in four sessions: 6 Aug, 8 Aug, 9 Aug and 14 Aug. Quoted from another site "some never-seen-before pyrotechnics will light the skies with specially choreographed displays by foreign and local teams". I was hoping for something spetacular... something that would make my jaw drop for the whole of the display.



*reporter looking c.o.o.l.l.y at the fireworks display*

Actually two friends of my friends, a couple, invited a very bored-at-home me to go see the fireworks. We reached the esplanade at about 7pm to watch the fireworks which will be set off at Marina South. Ok... my jaw did drop, but it was at the crowd at esplanade! However it was not so bad that we can't move around.

We quickly realised that the esplanade was not a very good location for the viewing because it was still too far from the fireworks. I still find the fireworks quite nice and truely saw some of the newer fireworks design. The fireworks display was quite short and it was over pretty soon... I was still waiting for my favourite one, the massive in-your-face fireworks that I saw the last time I was at NDP so I was left slightly disapponted. Overall, the fireworks was ok but we had a fun time joking around and playing with my camera. Mr Dan got a new chio chio handphone also on that day! (mo-to-ra-lo brand)

*due to my lousy skills, this is the best picture of the fireworks I got (really throw face)*

The best thing of that day was in fact our dinner later on at the Suntec Kenny Rogers! We were very very very hungry after the fireworks show and got a quarter-chicken meal each. We chose different side dishes and shared our side dishes, which is good because we can try more variety. And so we got: butter rice, garden pasta, or-qwee-tau (turtle beans), mashed potatoes (nice!) , sour cream pasta (nice!) and pasta in cheese and cream (nice!)

Kenny Rogers is definitely recommended to readers who needs advice on makan in Suntec city.... How come this fireworks report became a food review?!?!


*two friends who made this report possible. they requested that their identities be kept secret! =P ... cute couple heheh!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home