The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

End Of My Motorcycling Days?

Finally 'sold off' one of my untouchables today… my valuable assets that are classified as untouchables is my motorcycle and one of my guitars ( I got three guitars by the way!). Today, I went over to LTA with a friend and did a change of ownership of my motorcycle officially. Earlier in the afternoon, I rode out my Phantom for the last time together with all the motorcycle accessories I have to find my friend.

As I took the public transport (MRT) back home alone… I can’t help feeling that this is the sort of scenario that you would have dropped a few tears… Unfortunately, I didn’t… I didn't feel that sad… a motorcycle is just a motorcycle. So it is just a normal lonely train ride back home haha!

And so could this signal the end of my motorcycling days? When I was young, we all think that motorcycling is super cool and you can always find willing girls to cruise around. Unfortunately, throughout my four years of motorcycling, I didn’t find a single girlfriend… and so this myth is dispelled! There even was a girl that I liked a lot who hated motorcycles! To add to this sad fact, I had to endure four years of bad hair days ( I bet nobody knows that the helmet wear makes your hair so FLAT that it cannot be restyled with just some water and a comb!!!). Of course, you will have to deal with getting hurt ( I am okay with this… a man should be able to take some pain)



*One last look at my phantom...*

Aside from all these… motorcycling is really quite fun! I remembered one very nice day when I rode out my motorcycle on a nice Sunday morning to East Coast Park via the East Coast Park Expressway (ECP) to roller blade with a friend of mine. The feeling is so 'zen'… not much cars on the road… the soft breeze blowing… the spectacular sight of the business towers of Shenton Way … the Sheares bridge… This is motorcycling and you just don’t get this feeling in a mini environment of a car.

Anyway for the time being, my motorcycling days are over. Who knows… maybe 18 months later I might get a new bike again… For now I can just hug my guitar and sleep!


*If you noticed, there's a very boliao photog squatting in the reflection!*

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Goodbye Phantom! Still remember the nice rides back from work to yr place for song practise (with a wonderful dinner thrown in ) =)

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    haha! i rem the days! *wink*

     
  • At 7:35 AM , Blogger Marvin Lee said...

    jie ge why you sold your motorbike away..? so outta touch with your life le.. damn.., i'm vouch to read ur blog thoroughly after end of term! take care.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home