The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, October 24, 2005

My Most Memorable Birthday!

The 25th of October is my birthday and for the past decade or so, this day is always in the period when we have exams, tests. THIS… is the first year I am a free soul… no more exams, I am a graduate! Of course, now we have to work (so sad). Unfazed, I still invited all of my good pals to join me for a simple meal at Bukit Timah's Five Star Hainanese Cuisine but on a nice Sunday (23rd of October) instead.

True enough almost all of them turned up! And we have a nice little group of eleven for dinner. The dinner was simple (I am still poor!) but it was really good and "value-for-money"! We had roasted chicken, steamed chicken, fried egg, fried "you-tiao", fried cereal prawns, "gu lu" style pork and sambal kangkong vegetables… not too bad. Even the bill was an auspicious $88.80!

After dinner, we went for a karaoke session at Lot 1's KBox. Wow… We were treated to rare performances by our very own Emil Chau (Boon), our suave Bao Tak Wah (Mr Bao) and our sentimental Kimura Takuya look-alike, Weijie! We also heard for the first time, the nice singing of Li Qing… wow!

The surprise of the night was the Birthday Cake! This was really the first time in my life that I was surprised with a birthday cake! This was really a pleasant surprise… it really made this day very special to me. Really have to say a BIG Thank You for you guys! I think I can feel a drop of tear in my heart haha!

I think I will sleep with a smile on my face tonight… what a memorable birthday celebration!



*Me... feeling so excited to blow out the candles!*

4 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Lingjie......Happy Birthday to you!!

    haha...reading your blog for the first time today. Have always wanted to take a look at it but I dunno keep delaying until today. It looks very nice with the blue theme..hehe..

    Anyway, looks like u've had a very very good dinner with the guys last Sunday. Although not on ur birthday but a celebration is a celebration nonetheless..hehe..

    Okie pokie, enjoy the next 3hrs n 20 minutes left of your birthday!! :)

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger ongkybeta said...

    happi 25th birthday dude... :)

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    heheh! thanks elaine and ongky! =D

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh nooo! MS and I should have been there?!? Anyhow,

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! :) xxoo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home