The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Earth From Above

Passed by this exhibition on Monday (7th November) on my way to Orchard MRT station. The pictures are really spectacular and are all taken from the sky. Check out the website here.

Here's an introduction taken from www.alliancefrancaise.org.sg:


LA TERRE VUE DU CIEL- Earth from Above
For the first time in South-east Asia in Singapore

Venue : Orchard Road
stretching across Liat Towers,
Far East Shopping Centre, Hilton Hotel
and Forum Galleria.
Dates : 27 October 2005 - 17 January 2006.


EARTH FROM ABOVE is a spectacular presentation of large-scale
photographs of breathtaking natural landscapes. Created by world-famous
photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand, every stunning aerial photograph tells a
story about our changing planet. Seen together, they are an outstanding visual
testimony to the world we live in today. A world with a growing population,
shrinking biodiversity, polluted lands and oceans, a changing climate and a
shortage of drinking water. A world, nevertheless, of beauty and of wonder.

This exhibition is brought to Singapore by the French Embassy and the
Singapore Environment Council.


Firstly, those pictures that you see online is nothing compared to those prints you will see in the exhibition. The images are the same… but they are printed in such a size and texture that it almost look like a painting. Those photographs look like huge photographs rather than posters. Seriously, you have to see for yourself. But… please do not flame me if you are unimpressed! I am no art-fanatic or photographer, but I enjoyed the exhibition!

Here's one image that I particularly like:



Wooded island on a lake on Kenai Peninsula, Alaska, United States Posted by Picasa

When I revisited this exhibition again with a friend on Wednesday (9th November) by coincidence, she described this picture as looking like a slice of heaven. Incidentally, this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it for the first time =).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home