The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Go AMD!

Recently have been advising a friend of mine on having a D.I.Y. PC… I realized that many people really trust the Intel brand name a lot… it almost seems like Intel Pentium are the only microprocessors out there. In fact, Intel has a rival in AMD (Advanced Micro Devices).

If you have surfed around in the website hardwarezone's forums, you will realize that most people prefer AMD chips when they want to D.I.Y. This is mainly because of the good performance versus the low price. For the same price, an AMD chip will most probably beat a Pentium chip in performance.

However AMD chips were not always good. In fact, I used to have a super lousy AMD powered PC. The heatsink fan is extremely EXTREMELY noisy and the motherboard and videocard keep crashing on me in the 3 years I used it. I think that the awful experience is partly due to very poor D.I.Y by a friend. Lesson learned… D.I.Y only if you know how to… or else please get someone you can trust. (Well, I trust myself so it's ok!)

With this horrible experience… why did I chose AMD again? Well, AMD has come a long way from those lousy years. Nowadays, motherboard manufacturers using Nvidia Nforce chipsets has really brought stability to AMD powered computers. In the end, I still trusted my instincts and went AMD… I did not look back…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home