The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!

Wow, time really flew this month! After a month of lull in December, work really started up at my workplace… and I have been keeping myself busy! I started going to driving class here and the lesson plan is 30 hours of theory and 6 hours of on-the-road driving. So I went to a 3-hour theory class for two weeks straight after work in the middle of this month… It was a tiring two weeks but it was really fun! Basically, Maryland’s driving laws require all to go driving school and you get a lot of kids in class! Those kids from high school are really funny… I almost felt like I am going through secondary school all over again!

Finally, over this Chinese New Year weekend, I started my on-the-road driving. There are three 2-hour on-the-road sessions. God… my first lesson was on a Friday night (27th Jan), and after an hour of forwards, reverses, left-turns and right-turns, I was out on the road!! This is really a throw-you-in-deep-end kind of training! It was really exciting though and I think motorcycling is still easier than driving!

Saturday was another driving class and I was out on the main roads driving! I also did perpendicular parking and parallel parking. Whoa… one more lesson (highway driving!) and I’ll be done with driving class… but will it be enough to drive on the road? I also had a nice dinner with my housemates and some of their friends… really impressed with the cooking… I was really full =)

Finally, I went with my boss and his son to the Washington Auto Show in DC today. The style of the show is a bit different from what we get in Singapore… no pretty girls posing with pretty cars! It is all functional, for sale cars on display where you can jump into most cars and fiddle around with the controls (except the ignition obviously!). It was not bad… and I was lucky enough that a security guard passed me a free ticket while I was waiting in the line! Nice guys do have their day sometimes! =P

Once again, Happy Chinese New Year to all my friends and readers! Gong Xi Fa Cai! May our year be properous and happy! And full of joy and love heheh!


The Washington Auto Show 2006, Washington Convention Center, DC Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home