The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Lemon Dropped Too!

After settling into a seemingly peaceful life, this week has definitely stirred up the peace a little. On Tuesday (7th Feb), my group had a team-building day at work. This was really good as we got to know our own personalities (I am a “peacemaker”!) and got to talk to our teammates on ourselves and our opinions of each other. This may sound lame but it actually worked out very well! I believe that it could be partly attributed to the work culture here, where each of us is comfortable to talk about ourselves and to our colleagues. I definitely think I came out enlightened about myself and our group came out stronger than before. This is especially important when we had to face an unsettling incident just the day before… After the half-day course, all of us went for happy hours (at 3pm?!). It was pretty fun and I have to jot down this new drink ‘Lemon Drop’ in my memory! (a straight vodka shot taken followed by sucking on a sugar coated lemon slice!)

On Wednesday (8th Feb), I went to the Singapore embassy after work for a Chinese New Year dinner. I had to dress up (sadly, my shirt is straight out from the package and not quite ironed…) for the occasion. On arriving, I realized I was a bit under-dressed… almost every guy in there is in suits and ties! (but obviously older than me though!) Later on, a big group of college students came and they were dressed much more casually… Man, I really had to question where I stand… not a student, not quite a businessman! Nevertheless, I enjoyed the food (a simple buffet… give me my Chinese 8-course dinner!) and the Tiger beer! It is great to know there are quite a few Singaporeans here, I’ll surely be back next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home