The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pasta and Shrimp in Pesto Sauce

After my stash of rice went out, I decided to dabble a bit in other varieties of carbohydrates. I bought some penne, pesto sauce and shrimps to try out my version of a colleague’s spaghetti and scallops in pesto sauce. He is an envy of all of us guys at work… his wife is a great cook and he often brings good lunches! Anyway, it is the norm to bring lunches to work… you can’t eat at restaurants for every meal! (not me anyway!). Unlike in Singapore, you can’t get cheap food like chicken rice or wanton noodles over at a coffeeshop… You either eat in restaurants, spending around ten bucks or you get fast food. Or you can either cook yourself or buy some ready-to-microwave food at supermarkets.

So here are the original ingredients: scallops, spaghetti, and pesto sauce.
For my version, I used shrimps (slightly cheaper seafood), penne pasta and pesto sauce.

Here’s the recipe:

  • Cook a 1 serving size of penne in a large wok of lightly salted water till al-dente.
  • Drain pasta and set aside.
  • Slice 1 big green onion thinly.
  • Add 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil to a wok and sauté onions till fragrant.
  • Add 10 unshelled shrimps into wok and sauté till they are cooked.
  • Add ½ teaspoon of salt for flavor.
  • Toss shrimps and pasta together in a bowl with 3 teaspoons of pesto sauce.
  • Sprinkle salt to taste and serve!

It tasted pretty good! I should have done this one year ago because I promised my colleagues at BTI where I used to intern at… Oh well, you don’t really need to cook in Singapore anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home