The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Snowboarding on Valentine's Day! (14th Feb)

This is my very first time doing snowboarding in my life! My supervisor, John, brought me to Liberty Mountain Resort, Pennsylvania that is about an hour’s drive away from Rockville, Maryland. We went there after work so it was starting to get dark when we got there.


The slopes of Liberty Mountain Resort! Posted by Picasa

There, I took up the beginner snowboard lesson package and was on my way rolling and tumbling down the hills! There are different ski slopes to accommodate different levels of skiers, and naturally, I am doing the ‘ah gua’ beginner slope!


Snowboards! Posted by Picasa

John who is a good skier, went on his own to the more expert slopes while I had a one-hour class with a personal instructor. Later on, he came along to see me tumble about and helped took some photos of me. Unfortunately, my camera didn't work too well with movement and low light conditions at the same time... I didn’t get many good pictures. Nevertheless, I had a wonderful time and enjoyed myself despite being sore all over, having to go into trees and basically just tumbling down the slopes!

I'll be back!


The snowboarder...me! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home