The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Hockey: Washington Capitals 2-5 Ottawa Senators

Yet another uneventful week has passed… it has been a rather busy week at work. This weekend was an unusually warm and nice weekend! The temperatures were around 70°F (which is a nice 21°C!). Everybody was walking around in T-shirts (still need two-layers though) and those motorcyclists are out on the streets with their mean Harleys! We were even able to chill out on a pub’s balcony, enjoying a couple of beers in the cool evening on Friday (10th Feb). I’ll really look forward to springtime when weather like this is going to stay!

I was about to go downtown Washington DC after finishing writing an article for my upcoming company magazine on Sunday (12th Feb) when a roommate asked me if I would like to take over her pair of tickets to the Washington Capitals hockey game, she was unable to make it. I was quite surprised and glad at this offer and quickly took it up! When I took the ticket, I realized that the tickets are those $70 ones! ($70 each, mind you!). I managed to get John to go with me… I would really hate to waste one ticket going alone!

John gave me a ride to Bethesda, where we parked the car and went on the metro. It was a rather disappointing game where the Washington Capitals lost 2-5 against Ottawa Senators (do you know Ottawa is Canada’s capital?), but we had a good time… How can’t we, with a good view, a cold beer and such a nice weather! In fact, we were chatting so much that I only managed to catch three goals! (Two goals by the Capitals though!)

The next major sporting event that everyone here is talking about is the college basketball playoffs. In fact, it seems like college basketball is much more popular here in United States than NBA basketball! My boss, Anthony told me that we will be out a lot over the next two weeks watching college basketball. Well… this is certainly something to look forward too before spring comes! Plans for spring… first I’ll definitely be checking out the National Spring Blossom Festival in downtown DC! Hopefully, I’ll get my full driving license by then! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home