The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Woodley Zoo Revisited

Went to the Woodley Zoo again to check out the places that I missed the last time. I missed the Invetebrate House and the Amazonian House the last time due to me coming late in the afternoon... I could never wake up early in the morning! I really wanted to come back again because I realised that there is a giant octopus in the Invetebrate House!

This time... I was probably worse than before... I reached the zoo at 4pm when the zoo closes at 5.30pm! The good thing is... I probably missed the whole bulk of kids roaming around (there are still a lot of kids running around though!)

Woodley Zoo
Zoo Entrance...

I headed straight for the Invetebrate House immediately and was rewarded with the sight of the 'Giant' Octopus. Apparently 'Giant' is a relative term...

Giant Octupus
Is this giant octupus human size?!!

Giant Octopus
Apparently it is 3x the length of a human's hand...

Actually saw a very nice exhibit of luminous jelly fishes. Sadly, my camera went flat on me while I was captuing the clip, resulting in my zoom lenses being unable to retract. The camera got stuck in that position till I got home...

The Amazonian House was much more interesting... it had some really huge fishes there! Those Arapaimas are really quite amazingly gigantic! Sadly, my broken camera did not do them justice. Piranhas are nowhere to be found though...

I was also in time for the closing feeding time for the California seals.. they were so cute!

Despite the short time spent there, I really enjoyed looking at those animals... I can only wish that I had brought some extra batteries. I guess I'll be back again one of these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home