The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pohick Bay Regional Park, Virginia (30th July)

I was invited to a BBQ cum fishing outing last weekend (30th July). Pohick Bay Regional Park is a small park pretty close to DC. BBQ was great... I haven't ate anything till 4pm that day, and that beef patty was just so tasty!

Pohick Bay Regional Park
Pohick Bay Regional Park, Virginia

Everyone had a go at fishing that day and we didn't have much luck... The good news was... we actually caught a fish... yup! just ONE fish. Everyone took turns taking photos with the fish before we released it back into the water. It would have been really fun if we were not bitten by those 'killer flies' on the 'beach'... they actually look like some houseflies... only that they are immune to bugspray and they suck blood!! Not surprisngly, we didn't stay very long there!

I caught a fish! (I'm lying!)
I caught a fish! (I'm lying!)

Overall, it was quite fun to know some new friends and hang out a little bit. We later had some blue crabs in a crabhouse where I finally tasted crabs the Chesapeake Bay way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home