The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tubing on the Shenandoah River

A friend invited me to a tubing trip on Saturday. The place is Shenandoah River in Luray, Virginia, about 2 hours away from Washington, DC. So what is a tube? A tube is kind of like a donut-shaped float. Basically a group of us just took a tube each and drifted slowly down the slow river...

What made the experience so therapeutic and relaxing was that we also brought along 3 coolers worth of beer and food, which also floated down with us in their own tubes. We can paddle about, take a dip whenever we want to, or just nap under the sun while floating, or tie our tubes together to chill out together… I can’t describe how relaxing these 5 hours of tubing went!

The only downside was that being in a river all the time, it was quite impossible to bring a camera and not wetting it, so I didn’t bring my camera along. I was badly sunburnt at the end of the day despite not feeling anything at all throughout the trip… ended up looking like a red lobster! Lesson learnt: always put plenty of sun block when you are out in the sun, no matter if you feel the sun is hot or not!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger ongkybeta said...

    hey isnt that from the song "Country Road"? the shenadoah river...

     
  • At 1:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    you know what... it's that river! The Old Rag Mountain I climbed a while part is part of the blue ridge mountains... awesome!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home