The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Falling Leaves

Fall has come and I have finally fulfilled one of my wishes coming to the states… to see the 4 seasons! Fall… the amount of daylight you get reduces as we get closer and closer to winter… the leaves on the trees start to turn from green to all shades between brown and yellow and fall to the ground… and the days really start to get colder.

As much as I liked the quiet cold beauty of the winter, the promise and hope of the spring... I ended up liking the warmth of the summer most. I like the hot sun burning my skin… which is pretty much like Singapore at the end of the day! (minus the rain and humidity!)

The traveling bug is biting again! After my initial plan of going to LA was delayed… I decided to make a trip to Yellowstone National Park in the state of Wyoming in two weeks time! This is a more adventurous trip for me I guess! The plan is to take a plane to Salt Lake City, Utah, rent a car and drive over 300 miles (fyi Singapore is only 85 miles or 137 kilometers long!) over 6 hours through Idaho Falls, Idaho to West Yellowstone, Montana. The plane trip will have a short stopover at Minneapolis, Minnesota, so I will actually cover 4 states in this trip! … and I’m doing it all alone!!

As far as I know nobody usually try to do these kind of traveling alone and in fact most of the American friends I known haven’t been to Yellowstone before! Well, I’ve read about the Old Faithful geyser when I was a little boy (from Bookworm books… yes I’m a nerd!) and since I’m here, I might as well do something I will never think I’ll do right? So look out for my trip report!

On a side note… this freaking TV I got since I moved, has rendered me to a lazy ass couch potato! Finally I got to mess around with my blog a bit… changed to colors to kind of reflect the fall color and actually blog a bit! I’ll make an effort to up more songs and blog more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home