The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Monday, October 30, 2006

First birthday out of town...

Time flies, and I just turned 26… and I spent my first birthday away from Singapore… I couldn’t help feeling just a little bit lonely... Even though I’m not a fan of birthdays… my birthday is usually a day when I will get all my buddies and treat them to a nice ‘zhi char’ dinner… nothing beats that!

I received a surprise present from my friends from Singapore… really appreciated it… can’t get better friends than you guys… Thanks! Called home too… nothing beats having my mom wishing me a happy birthday too! =)


Cardigan
Here's the cardigan from you guys in Singapore! Thanks a lot!

Gloves
Here's the gloves... will come in handy in the coming winter!

On the day itself, I was at work as usual… and I got a surprise birthday lunch from more than twenty of my co-workers I worked with across three departments! I was really honored and grateful for all of them making this day one of my most memorable moments in the States! We had Brazilian barbeque at Rockville pike… where it was a buffet… the meat was served by waiters, who come with huge slabs of meat on big skewers and they will slice off the meat on our tables! We had sausages, pork loin, turkey-n-bacon(which was really good!), beef kabob, lamb and sirloin… I ate the most amount of meat in one sitting!

Thoughts… grateful with a smile on my face… Paul had a happy birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home