The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January going-ons

After the one week drama (or lack of drama!) in Los Angeles, I’m back to an uneventful January. Well, there’s still the lost luggage saga when I touched down Ronald Reagan National Airport followed by a week of cold/flu which was one morale downer. Otherwise, it’s been pretty uneventful.

With less than five months to my hot little island of Singapore, I guess for the next two months I’ll be hanging around Maryland before going for a big two-week trip of San Francisco-Yosemite National Park-Las Vegas-Grand Canyon (and maybe Death Valley) with Weizhen and Elaine.

Despite the lack of drama, January has been pretty inspiring to me. I’ve been working out at a gym for a bit. I joined an indoor soccer league with Alan that plays Sundays. Then we got our biweekly music night going in Andrew’s condo with Jonathan and some of Andrew’s pals (some of them are pretty good musicians!). Interestingly, one night, we jammed to my rendition of 天天想你 (Thinking of you everyday) and it was pretty much only me who knows the song! That’s the power of music!

And finally, I stumbled onto a treasure trove of Cheer Chen’s tablatures on youtube! That got me playing hours and hours of guitar every week! I’m making it my personal target of learning two cheer’s songs every week! Anyway I realized youtube is actually very fun to use and you could make your own playlists and make them play one after another! This could potentially make youtube much better than watching the Chinese MTV channel! I’m definitely going to be messing with it for a while!

Here’s one playlist I made which is a six-song concert by Cheer Chen. Sweet!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home