The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Random thoughts on 2nd Jan

I realized how much I missed home when I was at the airport… I wished I were on the flight back to Singapore rather than back to Maryland. And I realized how much I hate goodbyes…

Touched down at the National Airport at 11am after a long four-hour transit at Atlanta and they lost my baggage. I had to stay till 4pm for the next flight from Atlanta and hope that it will miraculously appear on that flight. Lesson learned, never leave your most valuable possessions in your luggage, definitely not your house keys. Incidentally, I lost my house keys the last time I traveled to Utah-Idaho-Montana-Wyoming, and decided that by putting my keys in the checked baggage, I won’t lose it. I guess the next time; I’ll just leave the keys under the doormat!

First time I see a flag flown on half-mast. I asked a lady and was told that the United States flag was flown half-mast till the burial of President Ford.

My luggage didn’t appear at 4pm and I had to leave the airport to stay over at Anthony’s. I can’t even say how much I appreciate him, helping me so much through my year in the States so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home