The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon (20th - 27th Apr)

It’s been a week and I’ve since returned from my trip! The lack of internet access made it hard to update the things we did so now I’ll do a quick ‘memorable photo- or video-of-the-day’ before I get down to writing down this really amazing trip in detail!

After a day of mist, cold and relentless snow showers... we drove into Yosemite in the morning of the second day (20th Apr). The view was quite amazing… totally different from the day before. Fluffy white snow on the pine trees… the winding road up into the mountains… it’s almost like a winter wonderland (but it’s really spring!)



The morning drive into Yosemite on the second day, 20th Apr

After the two days up the mountains of Yosemite, we drove across the Mojave desert to the bright lights of Las Vegas. The Mojave Desert… blue blue skies with those white fluffy clouds… with the mountains of Sierra Nevada always towering over the horizon.


This is the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas, 21st Apr

We had a lazy second day in Las Vegas… did some shopping and later saw some of those crazy outdoor shows of those Strip hotels in the evening. Of course, my favorite is still the fabulous fountains of Bellagio!


The Bellagio… god I wish I were on the penthouse suite, sipping on my champagne with my someone =P, 22nd Apr

After two days in Vegas, we drove across the Mojave Desert up the Kaibab Plateau to Grand Canyon. The view when we got there… awe-inspiring… nothing quite that scale… nothing quite that vastness… it’s just something that one has to see for himself to believe.
We took a short walk along the trailhead of Bright Angel’s trail to absorb the atmosphere of the place. The trail actually leads all the way down to the canyon floor and it takes a day to get down to the canyon floor and another day back!



Bright Angel’s Trail, 23rd Apr

On our second day at Grand Canyon, we explored the canyon rim on the Hermit’s Rest Trail and the Desert View Drive later in the afternoon. Of course, we took some amazing pictures!

My moment with Grand Canyon
My moment with the Grand Canyon… the vastness… the beauty… 24th Apr

We went a bit off track on our way back to Vegas and lost about an hour’s traveling time but we finally got back to Vegas all right! The next day was spent resting (I was sleeping my noon away while the girls went shopping!). We finally got to see the pirates show at Treasure Island. Later at night we all had our own programs and needless to say, whatever happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas. I really don’t think I should come back ever!


The pirate show at Treasure Island. Not quite like your usual pirate show! 25th Apr

Our final day was spent flying back to San Francisco. San Francisco just has that laid-back feel to it… we talked a lot… life, career, relationships, love… looked back on our two-week trip and shared how we experienced each place we visited in our different ways.

I guess this trip would probably my highlight of my 18 months here in the United States!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home