The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Lasik....botched

Unfortunately, my operation was not successful today. The doctor was not able to create a smooth flap on my first eye, the right eye and the operation has to be aborted.

I was to undergo an custom lasik with blade. I guess I'm the 1% of the unlucky people who have complications. A microkeratome is supposed to be at least 99% successful while intralasik is closer to 100%.

The flap was put back into my eye and a contact lense was placed on it to protect it and promote healing. The contact lense will be in my right eye for about a week before it will be removed.

I am told that I'll have a full refund. The flap will take at least 3-4 months to heal before any eye procedure can be done on it. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to my contact lenses in a month's time. And hopefully no other complications will happen.

Currently, my right eye can still see reasonably and I'm still wearing my glasses. However, there's quite a bit of irritation on my right eye which I hope will get better real soon. Let's see how it goes when I go back for my checkup tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh no... take care and rest well dude.. - wanz

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm recovering well now =) thks~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home