The Egg Has Dropped

A diary of my life, my travels to various places and my many interests.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tioman Island (17th - 19th May)

After some months of boring Singapore, I finally got to go on a nice short weekend vacation to Tioman island. Tioman is an island off the east coast of the state of Pahang, Malaysia, about 8 hours away from Singapore (you gotta add in all the waiting, transfers, bus ride and ferry ride!)


Our superior chalet one block from the beach. We've got adjoining rooms at the ground floor.


Nice king bed in the girls' room. No, I sleep alone in 2-twin bed room next door =(

The literary of the trip was pretty much snorkeling for a half day on the Day Two; the rest of the time was spent chilling and lazing around. I pretty much ate non-stop! One really great decision we made for the trip was to stay in Berjaya resort. The 4-star resort is a little expensive compared to the other lodging options in Tioman, but there you've got everything in one place (food, boat trip, well-kept beach and a games room for the long night.). I stayed in a beach hut on the cheap a few years back but we ran out of things to do by 9pm and the night became a little too long and a little too boring.

Tip 1: Stay in Berjaya (choose superior rooms)
Tip 2: Buy the half-day snorkeling trip at the Tioman Tourist Centre counter beside Berjaya’s own counter at Berjaya’s reception area (it’s cheaper and better)



Finally! We saw some sand after like 12 hours?

The highlight of the trip was of course the snorkeling. We had a boat-full of family-type people and it made for good snorkeling! They threw lots and lots of bread into the water to attract the fishes while we just pretty much snorkeled among the fishes! Without the bread, the fishes would be hanging around bottom at the sea bed and would never be as close to us.

Tip 1: Buy lots of fish food at the souvenir shop at Berjaya’s reception area (it’s rather cheap and definitely worth it!)



Raring to go snorkeling!


Smiling for the camera! (while I'm pulling the 3 of us together)

\
Yes. I'm small but I'm no fish.


Lunch break at Salang beach


Alfresco dinner time!


A real man drinks Tsingtao... (duty free beer is awesome!)

All in all, this trip was great fun! I think I might try to come here once a year now!


I don't wanna go home~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home